MS FrontPage "Getting started"
- Open Frontpage from the "Start Menu Button".
- Once FrontPage opens up you will see the FrontPage Explorer open with the window below asking for your input.
Choose the option "Open Existing FrontPage Web", then click "OK"
- The window below will appear and you will need to type the "Web Server or File Location" in the space provided then click "List Webs". (Example: Type "www.icusa.net", then click the "List Webs" button.
- Once you type in the Servers address you will be able to see all the FrontPage webs listed on ICUSA. You can scroll down to locate your Web name, highlight it and click "OK" to open your web. You will not be able to open webs other than yours and vice versa, for your piece of mind.
We have used the user PPC as a example in the next few step. (Example: User selects "PPC" then Clicks "OK" to open the PPC web)
- After Clicking "OK" you will be Prompted to type your "Name and Password" to open your web. Without this you WILL NOT be able to access your web. (Example: User PPC types, "PPC" for "Name" and then "**********" the "Password" for the PPC web, then click "OK".) NOTE: You will not see any characters or number listing the password as you type it, it is for your security to keep your password secret. NEVER give out any passwords to anyone.
*If you receive a NTLM: authentication error please uninstall "Client for MS Networks" and reinstall it. You MUST be logged into your HOME computer to be able to get past the Name and Password.
- You will see that FrontPage begins to load the chosen web. Notice the text "Loading PPC Web..." in the bottom left hand corner of FrontPage Explorer.
- Once the web completes loading you will be able to create, change or import your pages and pictures. You will need to namename your STARTING as the following "welcome.htm" for the server to allow browser access to your first page in your web.
NOTE: New FrontPage webs are "Normal Webs", created by the webmaster. and will only contain a welcome.htm and 2 dirs _private and images.